Monday, November 25, 2013

Father John Misty

    

     I ran across an artist about a month ago that I honestly can't get enough of, Josh Tillman or now better known as Father John Misty. His 2013 album release entitled "Fear Fun" is a masterpiece in my opinion. The album has so many different elements from folk to psych. He not only wrote a record but also a novel to go along with the album. According to Father John Misty inspiration was found through this method he described with this simple statement:
    
     "I got into my van with enough mushrooms to choke a horse and started driving down the coast with nowhere to go. After a few weeks, I was writing a novel, which is where I finally found my narrative voice…. It was a while before that voice started manifesting in a musical way, but once I settled in the Laurel Canyon spider-shack where I’m living now, I spent months demoing all these weird-ass songs about weird-ass experiences almost in real-time, and kind of had this musical ‘Oh-there-I-am’ moment, identical to how I felt when I was writing the book."
    
     If you are looking for a guy writing incredible songs and truly conveying his emotion Father John Misty is definitely worth checking out. He is a talent everyone should know about. 

Here is a live video of Father John Misty performing "I'm writing a novel" ........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNu_GJ_PSZY

Also check his website out at:

http://www.fatherjohnmisty.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment