Patrick Houtz (ph)---Your band "A Better Hell" is incredible. How did the band come about and what year did you start this project?
Jordan Condery (JC)---We initially decided we wanted to play together in a drunken stupor at a Halloween party in 07, i believe. I was a singer with pages upon pages of lyrics/ideas and no band and he had been wanting to put something together and finally start jamming with other musicians. Funny thing is, he wasn't even a metal guitarist at all.
(ph)---Awesome! I know we both have a similar love for the band eyehategod, did they have an influence on that particular project?
(JC)---Absolutely. We are both huge fans of them. Riffs for days, man.
(ph)---While we are on that topic. I think Mike Williams is a genius. Do you have similar thoughts on him as a frontman and writer
(JC)---Mike is one of my favorite writers. I actually read his lyrics before I ever heard EYEHATEGOD believe it or not. I was at a friends house and the Confederacy of Ruined lives booklet was laying out, so I started flipping through it and loved the hopeless gutter style he had. He creates such desperate images with his words.
(JC)---I actually have a first edition of Cancer as A Social Activity. One of my most prized possessions
(ph)---I was the same. His writing is incredible. It wasn't till about 6 months after I read some of his work that I started listening to eyehategod. You are one of the only people I know who has an eyehategod tattoo other than myself.
(ph)---What is your favorite eyehategod album?
(ph)---I completely agree with you actually.
(ph)---So let's talk about Even the Dead Love a Parade. I remember seeing you guys open for Eye Empire and Drowning Pool in Miami, Oklahoma, I was completely blown away with your band live. How did you get involved with the band?
(JC)---That was a really fun show btw.
(JC)---They
had been looking for a singer for the band, and I believe it was Matty
who had stumbled upon A Better Hell, he then internet stalked me until
he found a way to give me a call at my work, and then asked if I would
be interested in putting some vocals to a demo or two they had. and it
just snowballed from there, man
(JC)---Currently working on getting some new music out!
(ph)---Badass, can't what to hear it.
(JC)---Thats all that is certain as of right now. Next year should be interesting though. Excited for us to kick into overdrive
(ph)---What are some of your other influences outside of eyehategod? These influences could be bands or even writers.
(JC)---So many..Acid Bath...a lot of sludge... all Todd Smith's projects, He is Legend..
(ph)---What are some of your other influences outside of eyehategod? These influences could be bands or even writers.
(JC)---So many..Acid Bath...a lot of sludge... all Todd Smith's projects, He is Legend..
Queens of the Stone Age...
As far as outside of music inspirations...
the
human condition..finding ways of channeling and trying to understand
all the horrible things we see in this world and committing that to
sound...
(ph)---It's nice to talk to someone with similar influences as me. Well Jordan thank you so much for your time. Next time you play close to me we with have to drink some beers and talk about sludge metal.
(ph)---It's nice to talk to someone with similar influences as me. Well Jordan thank you so much for your time. Next time you play close to me we with have to drink some beers and talk about sludge metal.
(JC)---absolutely my friend.
To check out "Even the Dead Love a Parade" go to Even the Dead Love a Parade (Official Facebook)
To check out "A Better Hell" go to A Better Hell (Official Facebook)






No comments:
Post a Comment