I was lucky enough to see Matt play keyboards with "Scar the Martyr" this year opening for Rob Zombie and Korn. Scar the Martyr really has blown me away since I first saw them on a short headlining run last year. He also plays guitar in a killer band "Ruled By Reason" as well. Matt was kind enough to do a short interview for me. I want to honestly thank him for agreeing to answer the crazy questions that go threw my brain.
Patrick Houtz (PH)---First of all Matt, what kind of musical background do you come from? Any particular moments or albums that made you think, hey I want to be a musician for a living?
Matt Tarach (MT)---Well I come from a classical background. I took piano lessons for years when I was younger was in about 4th grade till 9th grade. The entire time I obsessed about learning guitar, Once I hit Highschool It was guitar for me. I think with every note you play especially as a young musician you fantasize about playing in front of crowds and living the "dream". There's no particular album that did it for me. I just try to absorb as much music as possible and all of it as a collective motivated me.
(PH)---How did playing in Scar the Martyr come about? What has the experience been life for you personally? It must be really awesome playing with such fantastic musicians.
(MT)---This is quite funny actually, Kris and I were both separately hired to produce a record for a band in cleveland at my studio. Through constant long days at the studio and many beers later ha we became friends. He went back to Florida and a few weeks later he called me, asking to come on tour. The experience has been a real eye opener. From one day just working in the studio to the next being flown to LA to be a part of a group of musicians that you have looked up to for years was insane. It's truly an honor.
(PH)---What is a great memory you have from the Korn/Zombie and Scar the Martyr tour?
(MT)---The whole thing! With it being my first "real" tour, every experience was amazing and new.
(PH)---I know you play guitar in "Ruled by Reason" as well. What is going on currently with that project?
(MT)---Ruled by Reason has been taking time off because our drummer had surgery, although in our time off we were in the studio constantly (aside from when I was gone) We'll actually be making some announcements via FB and Twitter and begin releasing New music and and videos to accompany them.
(PH)---What other projects are you currently involved with? What does 2014 have in store for you?
(MT)---My only two projects are STM and RbR. Right now all I can say is touring and getting the next record out! Keep an eye out for when we can give details.
Patrick Houtz (PH)---First of all Matt, what kind of musical background do you come from? Any particular moments or albums that made you think, hey I want to be a musician for a living?
Matt Tarach (MT)---Well I come from a classical background. I took piano lessons for years when I was younger was in about 4th grade till 9th grade. The entire time I obsessed about learning guitar, Once I hit Highschool It was guitar for me. I think with every note you play especially as a young musician you fantasize about playing in front of crowds and living the "dream". There's no particular album that did it for me. I just try to absorb as much music as possible and all of it as a collective motivated me.
(PH)---How did playing in Scar the Martyr come about? What has the experience been life for you personally? It must be really awesome playing with such fantastic musicians.
(MT)---This is quite funny actually, Kris and I were both separately hired to produce a record for a band in cleveland at my studio. Through constant long days at the studio and many beers later ha we became friends. He went back to Florida and a few weeks later he called me, asking to come on tour. The experience has been a real eye opener. From one day just working in the studio to the next being flown to LA to be a part of a group of musicians that you have looked up to for years was insane. It's truly an honor.
(PH)---What is a great memory you have from the Korn/Zombie and Scar the Martyr tour?
(MT)---The whole thing! With it being my first "real" tour, every experience was amazing and new.
(PH)---I know you play guitar in "Ruled by Reason" as well. What is going on currently with that project?
(MT)---Ruled by Reason has been taking time off because our drummer had surgery, although in our time off we were in the studio constantly (aside from when I was gone) We'll actually be making some announcements via FB and Twitter and begin releasing New music and and videos to accompany them.
(PH)---What other projects are you currently involved with? What does 2014 have in store for you?
(MT)---My only two projects are STM and RbR. Right now all I can say is touring and getting the next record out! Keep an eye out for when we can give details.



No comments:
Post a Comment