Thursday, April 24, 2014

Teloch (Gorgoroth, Mayhem)



     Patrick Houtz (PH)--- I would like to thank you for taking time to do this interview. You have been a hero of mine as a guitar player for years, playing in many of my favorite bands such as Mayhem, Gorgoroth, and Nidingr just to name a few. 

     (PH)---The first question I have for you is about being a guitar tech. If I remember right you had a stint as a guitar tech. First of all is this true? If so who do you work with and how was the experience?

     Teloch (T)---Yeah, thats right, I have been playing in bands since i was 16-17, but none worth mentioning. A buddy of mine played in Gorgoroth, and they needed a guitar tech at a point. And I did that for a year or something before joining them on guitars instead.


 

     (PH)---Is it true that you started Nadingr in 1992 and the band at the time was actually called Audr. How did those early years shape you as a musician?

     (T)---92 or 93 don’t remember, I did this audr thing as a solo project thingy, just explored the world of black metal, witch was new to me, I came from the death metal scene before starting with black metal.

     (PH)---I remember first seeing you play on some live footage with Gorgoroth. What was your time as a live guitar player in that band?
 
     (T)---It was cool as fuck, I missed those days, totally insane. Intense and dangerous.



     (PH)---You have played with one of my favorite drummers Frost in both Ov Hell and 1349. How is he to work with as a drummer? I think the lineup you guy's had in the band Ov Hell was incredible. King, Frost, Shagrath, Ice Dale and yourself. What was it like playing with such a talented set of musicians?

     (T)---Didn’t play that many gigs with him, but it was ok. I played mostly with Tony Laureano with my time in 1349. For the ov hell project I think I only played on two riffs on that album. I was supposed to play more, but I never got my ass into the studio to do it.


     (PH)---How did joining the live lineup for such a historic band like Mayhem come about? It must be a real honor to be playing live for them. Was this a band you had always hoped to be on stage with?

     (T)---Not really, I don’t have any bands that I dream about playing in. I just do whatever feels right to me, and things happens. But yes, its good to play in Mayhem.

    (PH)---The last question I have for you Teloch is what kind of live gear are you using with Mayhem? Guitars and Amps? 

    (T)---Ltd ec1000 straight into an Engl amp.


     (PH)---Thank you again for your time. It was honestly a true pleasure and honor to get to interview you. I wish you nothing but the best in your endeavors.

     (T)---Cheers and thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment